5 ways that bone broth rocks your body
January 24, 2018
Craving something nourishing that will boost your immune system and help you look younger?
Look no further than bone broth.
Bone broth is another superfood to add to your list. It’s an excellent source of nutrients, amino acids, gelatin, and collagen. This nutrient complex supports healthy hair, skin, nails, and joints, as well as reduces inflammation in the gut. It’s easy to incorporate bone broth into your daily life: drink it straight, swap out water for bone broth when cooking grains, or use it as a soup base.
Let’s break down all the ways that bone broth rocks your body:
- It improves skin elasticity. Bone broth is full of collagen and some studies have show that ingesting collagen can improve elasticity and minimize fine lines.
- It helps you sleep better. Bone broth is chock full of nutritious amino acids, such as glycine, which may improve sleep and prevent fatigue.
- It’s good for your gut. Just a cup of bone broth each day can improve leaky gut syndrome and all sorts of digestive issues. Gelatin in the broth helps shore up the intestinal lining, fight food allergies, and help with the growth of probiotics. Bone broth can treat or minimize diarrhea and constipation as well.
- It builds up the immune system. Bone broth is loaded with minerals and amino acids that can strengthen your immune system.
- It eases joint pain and increases bone strength. Bone broth contains glucosamine, gelatin, and other nutritional benefits that can treat joint pain and even help to prevent osteoarthritis. Phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium from the broth's bones help your own bones stay healthy and strong.
You can buy bone broth at grocery stores like Whole Foods but for instructions on how to make your own turkey bone broth, check out this post at Nourished Kitchen.
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.